Suppliers to Houston Rubber must comply with these basic Quality Terms and Conditions.
Additional Quality Clauses will be noted on the Purchase Order as required.
- Any delay in shipments must be conveyed to Huston Rubber Purchasing as soon as the delay is known.
- Any changes to the contract requirements by the supplier must be approved by Houston Rubber in writing.
- All information in the contract must be held in confidence and no third party request for information will be authorized unless instructed in writing by Houston Rubber representative.
- In addition to Houston Rubber right of entry, the supplier agrees to right of entry for our customers, or regulators agencies, to all facilities and records in the performance of this contract.
- All applicable requirements and apporopriate controls must be flowed down to direct and sub-tier external providers, to ensure that requirements are met.
- Notify Houston Rubber of changes in product and/or process definition and, where required, obtain Houston rubber approval.
- Notify Houston Rubber quality department prior to transferring any Houston Rubber work to a new facility. Houston Rubber’s Quality Manager will determine prior to the transfer if the supplier may perform the transfer of the work.
- Notify Houston Rubber quality department of nonconforming product and make proper arrangements for approval.
- Maintain adequate records of all inspections and tests. Records shall be kept for a period of ten (10) years after final payment for supplies or services and properly destroy (i.e. shred) documented information after retention period..
- All work must be processed per latest revision unless otherwise instructed on purchase order.
- Conformance to MIL-I-45208, AC7004, ISO 9001 or AS9100 Quality Management System.
- External providers performance will be monitored to ensure minimum 90% conforming products and 85% on-time delivery requirements are met.
- Processing suppliers must be furnished processing certifications to the purchase order requirements, and shall not process any parts for which they are not certified or approved.
- Provide Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and/or certificates of compliances for restricted, toxic or hazardous substances.
- Material suppliers must furnish material certifications wit original mill certs to the purchase order requirements, and shall not supply material for which they are not certified or approval.
Calibration must be performed lAW ISO/IEC 17025, ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 and traceable to the N.I.S.T.
Perform due diligence to prevent, detect, and remove foreign objects.
Ensure that persons are aware of their contribution to product and service conformity, product safety, and the importance of ethical behavior.
Counterfeit Parts Prevention
For purposes of this clause, Counterfeit Work consists of those parts
delivered under this Contract that are the lowest level of separately
identifiable items (e.g., articles, components, goods, and
Work" means Work that is or contains items misrepresented as having
been designed and/or produced under an approved system or other
acceptable method. The term also includes approved Work that has reached
a design life limit or has been damaged beyond possible repair, but is
altered and misrepresented as acceptable.
(b) SELLER agrees and shall ensure that Counterfeit Work is not delivered to Houston Rubber.
SELLER shall only purchase products to be delivered or incorporated as
Work to Houston Rubber directly from the Original Component Manufacturer
(OCM)/Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or through an OCM/OEM
authorized distributor chain. Work shall not be acquired from
independent distributors or brokers unless approved in advance in
writing by Houston Rubber.
SELLER shall immediately notify Houston Rubber with the pertinent facts
if SELLER becomes aware or suspects that it has furnished Counterfeit
Work. When requested by Houston Rubber, SELLER shall provide OCM/OEM
documentation that authenticates traceability of the affected items to
the applicable OCM/OEM.
In the event that Work delivered under this Contract constitutes or
includes Counterfeit Work, SELLER shall, at its expense, promptly
replace such Counterfeit Work with genuine Work conforming to the
requirements of this Contract. Notwithstanding any other provision in
this Contract, SELLER shall be liable for all costs relating to the
removal and replacement of Counterfeit Work, including without
limitation Houston Rubber's costs of removing Counterfeit Work, of
reinserting replacement Work and of any testing necessitated by the
reinstallation of Work after Counterfeit Work has been exchanged. The
remedies contained in this paragraph are in addition to any remedies
Houston Rubber may have at law, equity or under other provisions of this
shall establish and maintain a Counterfeit Prevention Program using
Aerospace Standard AS5553 as a guideline. The purpose of this ljocument
shall be to prevent the delivery of counterfeit parts and control parts
identified as counterfeit.